Following a Brazilian butt lift plastic surgery, the patient’s tissue and skin will need adequate time to heal to create cosmetically desirable results.
It will be necessary for the patient to follow-up with their surgeon during this period. They will also need to follow the surgeon’s post-surgical instructions to care for their posterior.
In addition, the patient should take plenty of rest to attain beautiful results from their Brazilian butt lift procedure. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Roger Tsai provides Brazilian butt lift to patients in West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and surrounding locations.
Right after the Procedure
Immediately after the Brazilian butt lift surgery, the patient may feel groggy, especially if they have been under general anesthesia or sedation. The butt area will likely be swollen and bruised from the procedure. For this reason, the patient will need someone to drive them back home after the surgery as well as assist them for a few days after the surgery.
Before leaving home, the patient should:
- Properly understand the post-op wound care procedures.
- Wear their compression garment which will cover the areas of the incisions, liposuction, and fat transfer.
- Learn techniques to lie down or sit without putting a strain on their buttock. If pressure is exerted on the buttock, it can adversely affect the patient’s recovery and results. If the patient receives a traditional buttock augmentation, this will enable the incisions to heal properly. In the case of a Brazilian butt lift, this allows the transferred fat to assimilate properly with their existing tissue. Many buttock enhancement patients place pillows underneath their thighs to sit without any disruptions to the results of the cosmetic surgery.
Every patient’s experience with the recovery process is slightly different. But the general recovery timeline is as follows:
- During the first week after the procedure, the patient will need to take leave from their workplace as well as enlist a friend or family member to take care of them. The patient can take off the compression garment when they shower and delicately wash their rear in nearly two days after the procedure.
- Some cosmetic surgeons recommend routine massages to improve blood supply in the buttock region to enable quick recovery. Depending on the condition of the patient and individualized procedure, they may be able to travel in around one week.
- The patient may be able to return to their normal routine in a week or ten days following their Brazilian butt lift. But they should not undertake stretching, squatting, or aggressive exercises. The patient may also be able to drive if they can sit comfortably on a pillow in the vehicle and are not on pain drugs anymore.
- Within two to six weeks of the Brazilian butt lift surgery, much of the discoloration and inflammation may resolve. For most patients, the recovery process is complete at this time.
- The patient can expose their posterior to sunlight after a period of one year. The tissue or fat transfer settles at this time, allowing the patient to enjoy the results of their Brazilian butt lift.
For more information on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures and treatments by Beverly Hills board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Roger Tsai, MD please click here or call us at 310.276.1190. Taking patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and other surrounding cities.Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery