Prior to facelift cosmetic surgery, the patient will undergo a detailed consultation process with the surgeon. The consultation is an opportunity for the patient to understand more about the surgeon and the facelift procedure, and decide whether it is suitable for them.
Patients should feel free to ask questions during the initial consultation to satisfy all their concerns. Committed board certified plastic surgeon Roger Tsai, MD provides facelift surgery to patients in West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA , and surrounding locations across the horizon.
Key Questions to Ask
Here is a list of questions that the patient can ask their surgeon during the facelift consultation process.
During a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for facelift surgery, a ready list of questions can be immensely beneficial.
- What board certification do you have?
- Do you have specific training in the area of plastic surgery?
- Do you have operating privileges at a local hospital or surgical center?
- Have you undertaken facelift plastic surgery in the past?
- What experience and qualifications does your team possess?
- Where do you receive most of your patients from?
- Am I proper facelift candidate?
- Can I choose any less invasive or nonsurgical procedures that could address my cosmetic requirements?
- What are excellent, average, and poor results from a facelift procedure? Please describe each outcome scenario.
- Can you show me before and after images related to facelift surgery?
- Can I review some testimonials of your past patients about their surgery experiences?
- Do you use accredited surgical facilities?
- Do you use the services of an anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist?
- What emergency protocols do you have in place?
- Will I be able to see you during every appointment at your office?
- What will be the estimated time taken for the facelift surgery in the operating room?
- Before the surgery, what medical exams and clearances will I require?
- What are the potential complications following a facelift?
- How frequently do these complications arise?
- In case I have questions or concerns after the procedure, can I reach out to you?
- What level of pain, inflammation, bruising, and discomfort is expected after a facelift?
Things to Consider about the Surgeon
The patient should have clarity on the following aspects while choosing a facelift surgeon:
- Did the surgeon evaluate your health history (medical history, allergies, previous surgeries, and more)?
- Did the initial consultation provide all the information you were seeking?
- Did the surgeon listen to your questions and concerns attentively?
- Did the surgery plan sound reasonable? Was it customized to your requirements or a “cookie-cutter” approach?
- Did you have a good feeling regarding the procedure and the surgeon after the consultation?
- Do the before and after images appeal to you?
- How transparent does this surgeon seem to be, including what is seen and divulged on the website?
The patient may also review the surgeon’s website to understand more about their practice. If the patient prepares a list of questions beforehand, they can derive the most benefit from the consultation. Writing down their questions and concerns can ensure that they do not omit to ask any important questions.
Kind cosmetic surgeon Roger Tsai, MD receives patients from West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and other towns and communities in this section of SoCal for facelift surgery.
For more information on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures and treatments by Beverly Hills board certified plastic surgeon, Roger Tsai, MD please click here or call us at 310.276.1190. Taking patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and other surrounding cities.