The face and neck are the most noticeable areas of the body. Patients are understandably concerned about any procedure related to these sites. Patients should work only with a prudent and experienced plastic surgeon for neck and facial cosmetic surgery.
During the pre-op consultation for neck lift surgery, the patient should freely ask the surgeon any questions that they may have regarding the neck lift surgery or the surgeon’s background.
Patients who are completely aware of the procedure and the surgeon’s credentials can make more judicious decisions.
Key Questions to Ask
The patient should ideally make a detailed list of all questions that they have about the neck lift surgery and the practice beforehand, and carry this list to the surgeon’s office for the pre-op consultation. This list may include the following key questions:
- Are you a board certified plastic surgeon? Which board certified you?
- Do you have affiliations with any local or national professional bodies, such as the ASPS?
- What number of years of training and experience do you have in the area of plastic surgery?
- Have you undertaken face or neck surgeries previously, and how satisfied are your previous patients with the surgical results?
- Do you have staff privileges at a local hospital or surgical center where you may undertake the procedure?
- Do you have a completely trained team to assist you during the surgery?
- Will I be able to see you during each of my appointments at your office for the neck lift surgery?
- Am I a suitable candidate for neck lift surgery?
- Would it be a good ideal for me to undergo neck lift along with a facelift procedure?
- How are neck lift and neck liposuction different, and which one is more appropriate for me?
- In my specific case, what surgical technique would you recommend for neck lift surgery?
- Can you show me neck lift before and after images of previous patients?
- Can I review testimonials of some of your past patients who shared their experiences about neck lift?
- Would you introduce me to one of your team members to help me gain more familiarity with your practice and staff?
- Will general anesthesia or local anesthesia be used for the neck lift surgery?
- In case of emergencies, is your practice equipped to cope?
- What will be the time taken to complete the actual surgery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with neck lift surgery?
- What are the estimated costs of neck lift plastic surgery, including pre and post-operative costs?
The patient should review the practice website prior to the pre-operative consultation. They may also see the surgeon’s online ratings and review on third-party sites, if available, to attain better familiarity and assurance.
They may also engage with previous patients on online forums to achieve insights about neck lift surgery from the perspective of another patient. Sometimes it may be advisable to verify the credentials of the surgeon from the state medical board office.
Cosmetic surgeon Roger Tsai, MD receives patients from West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and nearby areas for lower rhytidectomy.
For more information on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures and treatments by Beverly Hills board certified plastic surgeon, Roger Tsai, MD please click here or call us at 310.276.1190. Taking patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and other surrounding cities.