Before proceeding with a major cosmetic surgery such as breast augmentation, the patient should have a fairly clear idea of how the procedure is performed, what are the potential risks involved, how long it will take to recover, and how much will the surgery cost? The patient should also learn about the surgeon’s credentials and feel confident about her decision.
It is advisable to prepare a list of questions in advance, which the patient can carry along to the surgeon’s office for breast augmentation consultation. A committed surgeon will provide all answers in a proper way and help the patient make an informed choice. Astute, cordial, and board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Roger Tsai provides breast implant surgery to patients in West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and surrounding communities in this area of the southwest.
Trust and Open Communication
If the surgeon and the patient are able to have a good rapport with each other, it will make the surgical journey easier. A relationship of trust and open communication will go a long way in achieving the best possible results in breast augmentation surgery.
At the time of pre-op consultation, the patient should freely asked questions to clear her doubts and concerns related to the breast augmentation procedure as well as the surgeon’s credentials. She may also request for breast implant plastic surgery before and after pictures to know what the procedure can or cannot do for her.
Key Questions to Ask
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in the field of cosmetic surgery?
- Have you performed breast surgeries in the past, and what is your success rate in these procedures?
- Would you suggest the use of general or local anesthesia to perform my surgery?
- What type of surgical venue would you recommend to perform breast augmentation surgery?
- Do you think my expectations from breast augmentation within the realm of possibility?
- Do I make a suitable candidate for breast implants?
- How long will the breast augmentation surgery last?
- What type of breast implants would you recommend for me and why?
- What are the potential risks and complications involved in this surgery?
- How long do breast implants last on average?
- Will you perform a revision procedure if the results of breast augmentation do not turn out as we agree, or there is an implant failure immediately after the surgery?
- How long will be the recovery period, and will it be painful?
- Should I arrange for transportation and aftercare, and is there any other support I may require during the early recovery phase?
- Will I be able to breastfeed in the future?
- Will I have visible scars once the healing is completed?
- What are the estimated costs of breast implant surgery, including pre- and post-operative costs?
- How can I get in touch with you in the event of an emergency during the recovery phase?
For more information on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures and treatments by Beverly Hills board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Roger Tsai, MD please click here or call us at 310.276.1190.Taking patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and other surrounding cities.