Pregnancy and childbirth can adversely impact a woman’s figure. Mommy makeover is a comprehensive cosmetic surgery that can restore a mother’s pre-pregnancy body.
However, to achieve effective and ideal result with this significant procedure, the patient will need to undertake some preparatory steps in advance.
Adequate preparation will ensure that the surgery is more predictable and the patient has a safe and rapid recovery process.
During the pre-op consultation, the surgeon will explain the preparation steps to the patient. Board certified plastic surgeon Roger Tsai, MD provides mommy makeover surgery to patients in West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA , and other cities and neighborhoods in The Golden State.
Steps in Preparation for the Surgery
The preparation should ideally start much ahead of the scheduled date for the mommy makeover procedure. Some of the key steps may include:
- Select a date for the surgery that is a minimum of 3 months after the patient stops breastfeeding.
- Follow a healthy exercise and diet regimen to ensure an optimal fitness level before the procedure.
- Do not smoke for at least a few weeks before the surgery.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun for 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Do not take blood thinning meds, aspirin, herbal supplements, and vitamin E for 2 weeks prior to the surgery.
- Inform the surgeon in advance regarding smoking and drinking behavior along with any existing health conditions.
- Ideally, shave the entire top part of the pubic region one week before the surgery.
- Arrange for necessary medical records as well as clearance from the doctor to the surgeon’s office.
- Arrange for childcare beforehand, if necessary.
- Enlist a responsible person to drive the patient to her home after the procedure. It is advisable to have someone help the patient with household chores during the initial recovery period.
- Set up the bed either at ground level or get a step stool if the bed is at a higher level. Keep extra pillows on hand to sleep at an elevated level during the initial recovery period.
Items to Arrange at Home
- Surgeon approved medications
- A compression garment as well as waist shaping garment and girdle
- Sports bra with no underwire, in case a breast procedure is performed
- Prescription cream for scars
- A box of gauze bandages
- A shower chair for assistance
Suggestions for the Day of the Procedure
- Do not eat or drink for 8 hours before the surgery
- Rest properly and get a good night’s sleep prior to the surgery
- Shower and shampoo the hair
- Clean the areas for surgery properly, specifically the navel area
- Do not use moisturizers, contact lenses, makeup, or jewelry on the surgery day
- Leave valuables and jewelry at home on the day of the procedure
- Wear clothing that is loose fitting and comfortable as well as front-open
Experienced cosmetic surgeon Roger Tsai, MD receives patients from West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and nearby areas for a mommy makeover.
For more information on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures and treatments by Beverly Hills board certified plastic surgeon, Roger Tsai, MD please click here or call us at 310.276.1190. Taking patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and other surrounding cities.