Abdominoplasty, popularly known as tummy tuck, is a leading body contouring cosmetic surgery to restore a flatter and firmer abdomen. Careful planning and preparation should precede the surgery in order to achieve safe and desirable outcomes and high patient satisfaction levels.
Well-prepared patients are often more confident about the procedure and are in a position to make better decisions about the surgery. Patients in West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and other communities and neighborhoods in this region of the country have an opportunity to receive a tummy tuck from the stellar, prudent, and board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Roger Tsai.
The patient should follow these essential tips in order to prepare well for their tummy tuck surgery:
- Send past medical records to the surgeon’s office in advance from the doctor and the specialists.
- Prepare a list of all current medications, including prescription drugs, over the counter medicines such as aspirin and blood thinners, and vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Get x-rays or lab tests recommended by the surgeon.
- If any prescription drug schedules need to be adjusted, arrange for the physician to discuss with the surgeon as necessary.
- Quit smoking a specified time period ahead of surgery, according to the surgeon’s advice.
- Complete any pressing tasks at home or the workplace ahead of time so that the initial post-op recovery period remains stress-free.
- Arrange for help during the first few days of post-operative phase, if required.
- Arrange for someone who can drive the patient back home after the surgery, and possibly stay overnight for assistance.
The patient should be ready to follow the surgeon’s pre- and post-operative care instructions closely. Not adhering to the instructions can increase the risk during the surgery as well as recovery.
The surgeon’s office may provide a set of written or oral common instructions to the patient as a part of the preparation for tummy tuck plastic surgery. These may include:
- Avoid using aspirin, ibuprofen and other such pain medications and NSAIDs for at least 10 days before surgery.
- Do not use vitamin E supplements, homeopathic and herbal remedies or dietary supplements for about a month prior to the surgery.
- On the day of the surgery, do not wear makeup, jewelry, body piercings or contact lenses.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes on the day of the surgery. Loose pants or shorts are preferable and the top should have buttons or a zipper in the front.
- Avoid alcohol consumption for at least 48 hours before surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything for eight hours prior to the surgery.
- If the patient is a diabetic, they should have their condition reviewed on the morning of the surgery.
If the patient has any last minute questions or concerns, they should not hesitate to discuss with the surgeon. For the recovery period, the patient should arrange for essential items at home in advance for their own comfort.
Committed and magnificent cosmetic surgeon Dr. Roger Tsai receives patients from West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and other towns and cities in this section of the west coast for tummy tuck surgery.
For more information on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures and treatments by Beverly Hills board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Roger Tsai, MD please click here or call us at 310.276.1190.Taking patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and other surrounding cities.