Choosing a neck lift surgeon is an important decision that will affect the patient’s life for the foreseeable future, if not their entire lifetime.
A neck lift cosmetic surgery can create an attractive neck appearance for patients who are dissatisfied with the look of their sagging neck region.
However, in the hands of a less qualified or inexperienced surgeon, the patient may experience unwanted outcomes.
This may cause disappointment for the patient as well as extra time and money spent on revision surgery. Therefore, it is vital for the patient to work with a highly trained and experienced neck lift surgeon.
Choosing an ABPS Board Certified Surgeon
Patients should ideally choose plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). ABPS board certified surgeons would have received a minimum number of years of training in the area of plastic surgery after med school.
In addition, ABPS board certified surgeons must receive at least two years of plastic surgery residency training before they are eligible to receive this prestigious certification.
Comfort Level and Personal Rapport
The patient should closely observe how the surgeon and their team make them feel. Any surgical procedure has some associated risks, and these may create issues in the patient’s journey to accomplish their desired neck appearance.
This makes it important for the patient to work with a surgeon who makes them feel comfortable.
The patient should evaluate the following:
- How do I feel when engaging with this plastic surgeon?
- Do I trust this cosmetic surgeon to recommend safe and suitable procedures for me?
- Do I feel comfortable when asking the surgeon questions and expressing concerns during the neck lift surgery process?
- Will I feel comfortable disclosing my health history and lifestyle behavior to this neck surgeon?
Questions to Ask During the Consultation
The patient should make a list of all questions that they have before the consultation and carry this list to their appointment with the neck lift surgeon.
- Information on the background and credentials of the plastic surgeon.
- Details on the surgical facility (the surgery should ideally take place at an accredited surgical suite, a surgical center, or a hospital)
- Emergency protocols
- The surgeon’s experience in performing facial and neck surgeries
- Risks associated with neck lift plastic surgery
- Alternatives to the neck lift
- Before and after pictures of previous patients and testimonials
If the patient senses that the surgeon is not transparent and forthcoming, they should reconsider their choice of neck lift surgeon.
Focus on Personalization and Innovation
Every individual has a unique face and neck anatomy. The patient typically accomplishes the best outcomes from neck lift surgery when the plastic surgeon customizes the procedure to their particular anatomical and aesthetic needs.
Plastic surgeons who use advanced techniques can provide the patient with excellent outcomes in a minimally invasive and least painful manner. Cosmetic surgeon Roger Tsai, MD receives patients from West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and nearby areas for neck lift.
For more information on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures and treatments by Beverly Hills board certified plastic surgeon, Roger Tsai, MD please click here or call us at 310.276.1190. Taking patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and other surrounding cities.